As scientists seek to invent the future in their laboratories, the rest of us are left in an existential shock. Yes, for our Universe is not just material after all. From the stars to the galaxies, to space and time and even on earth, there are as yet immaterial entities. We have all experienced this through our use of the computer, automated teller machines, codes, laser, x-rays, etc. These new voyage in and of science is said to birthe such questions as “how could we be so wrong about something familiar?” Yes. Familiar phenomena like, electrons, protons, neutrons, atoms, molecules and consciousness. In attempting to answer the question, we now have to ask “what is quantum physics or theory and why should I respect it?”
The quantum theory is the most bizarre theory in the history of science. Even Albert Einstein couldn’t get his head around it. It is an ‘insane’ and counter-intuitive bizarre theory of probability. It tells us one simple yet blaring truth: that atoms, or anything could be here and there at the same time, you could be both alive and dead at the same time.
“Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at nanoscopic scales where the action is on the order of the Planck constant. It provides a mathematical description of much of the dual particle-like and wave-like behaviour and interactions of energy and matter.
It also provides a substantially useful framework for many features of the modern periodic table of elements including the behaviour of atoms during chemical bonding and has played a significant role in the development of many modern technologies” (cf. www.advexon.com). Dr. Shohni Ghose (TEDx, 2014) calls it the science of semi-conductors.
Though some believe that “the fundamental laws of physics do not tell what the objects in their domain do,” yet others take the fundamental explanatory laws of physics as the ideal. Maxwell’s equations, or Schrodinger’s, or the equations of general relativity are paradigms, paradigms upon which all other laws -laws of Chemistry, biology, thermodynamics, or particle physics – are to be modeled (Nancy Cartwright “Do the Laws of Physics State the Facts?” In Philosophy of Science, Martin Curd & S. A. Cover, NY: W.W. Norton & Company, 1998).
In the Schrodinger’s cat experiment for instance, one could come to the indisputable conclusion that in the universe, a single entity/phenomenon is either alive or dead. Louis de Broglie termed it, “the quantum leap” (being the origin of electrons moving from one orbit to the other – here or there but never in between). The question will now be “who determines who is alive or dead?” Michio Kaku, the great physicist believes that it is the cosmic consciousness that really knows.
Unlike classical mechanics which helped us to predict the movement of things, quantum laws tell us about reality and this is one reason we ought to respect it. Others are that:
1) It is one field in science that tells us about us.
2) It tells us that though there are in fact quantum fluctuations in the universe, yet the quantum theory yields experimental predictions via experimental verification.
3) infinite consciousness is alienated to people through the prism of the five senses.
4) Reality thus being limitless, quantum mechanics tells us that there, in the micro-quantum world lies the answers to everything.
5) You cannot define yourself with respect to external coordinates but in reference to a frequency higher than yourself.
6) “Information is travelling far faster than the speed of light to be communicated instantaneously across vast distances.This defies what we previously knew to be possible, and also hints at the notion of telepathy having the potential to be scientifically studied.
7) It implies that all potential realities and possibilities already exist, and that there are potentially an infinite number of parallel realities. This would technically mean that any actions you judge in others, you have also committed in a parallel reality. It would also mean that what is happening to you right now has already happened and will happen again.
8) consciousness literally influences reality. The act of observing something can actually be responsible for bringing a potential reality to life. You may have heard of the Law of Attraction; quantum physics essentially supports this idea.When you focus on a desired outcome, it is almost as if you “reel in” that already existing quantum super-position of reality that brings it to life!
9) Quantum mechanics is currently challenging and uprooting some of our belief systems that have previously been based on the limitations of our senses. Rather than looking at the external world, science is now beginning to investigate the internal world in the form of microscopic particle behavior” ( cf.www.collective-evolution.com/2016/07/31/how-quantum-mechanics-is-changing-everything-we-know-about-our-livesp/)
It is true, I dare say, that the human mind cannot grasp the stupefying accuracy of a cosmic wonder, which causes us to have a connectivity between ourselves. From studies in quantum physics, we now know that the atoms present in us is also present in another person, in a star and in another universe. Therefore, because of this invisible yet felt interconnectedness, there’s even more today, an increasing search for meaning in the Universe.
“I am saddened by how people treat one another and how we are so shut off from one another and how we judge one another, when the truth is, we are all one connected. We are all from the same exact molecules.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Author: David Francis E.
My name is David Francis and the nature of my engagements include:
Philosophy (University of Jos, Nigeria); Research Consultant (St. Albert’s Institute, Fayit-Fadan, Kaduna, Nigeria); Editor (Sapientia African Leadership Formation Programme, e. V Address: Badenstedter Street, 99 30453, Hannover, Germany); Editor (African Home Reintegration, Spinnereistrasse 1A 30449, Hannover, Germany); Literature (S. E. M. S. Nassarawa State, Nigeria); Former Associate Editor, “Periscope Magazine,” Abuja and Columnist, “Seekers Delight Magazine,” Kaduna.
I simply try to question the ‘happy darkness’ by encouraging more hands to minimize ignorance. Just a dose of knowledge, is enough in training the mind, to conform to nothing except truth. Let’s ride this train together!
Send a message, or for inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your work (researches, stories, articles, etc) here.